Thursday, August 14, 2008

U Lah Lah...Ulah Bistro's Restaurant Week Lunch

I had the opportunity to dine at one of my favorite neighborhood joints the other day. Ulah Bistro. Below is a copy of their "Restaurant Week" menu.
Restaurant Week Menu
The salad was interesting, but it didn't hit the mark for me.
The calamari my friend ordered did. Very nicely done.

The mussels I had were done nicely. The sauce was excellent. The bread you see on the side was more like a white pizza than dipping bread. Very tasty.

For dessert, the Key Lime Cheesecake. Not too heavy, not too sweet.

If you've never been to Ulah Bistro, it's worth a shot. It's right across from Ben's Chili Bowl on U St. N.W. The prices are reasonable and the food is good. They have a lounge upstairs that's nice for cocktails. I'm not sure what the late-night scene there is like, so you'll have to let me know if you go.

Thanks for reading. My next adventure will be Sesto Senso, followed by a trip to my home state, New Jersey. I'm hoping to hit some good seafood places while I'm at the beach.
Until next time.....




No comments: