Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sea Pearl Revisited

I was lucky enough to be near Sea Pearl for lunch the other day, so I dropped in with a friend. It appears that they've got it together and have refined what they started with. The menu has been adjusted, staff has been refined along with the service. As you can see below, the food looks (and tastes) great.This is the Tuna Tartare appetizer. The wasabi cream and sticky rice make for a nice presentation and texture.

Just an FYI, did you know that the term "Tartare" describes a preparation of meat? The Tartans, or Tarters, as they were called, would place tough cuts of meat under the saddles of their horses. After a time you could imagine the weight, agitation, and horse sweat, would produce a nicely tenderized, flavorful cut of meat. Yum. Anyhow, I digress. Please read on.
This is the Tuna Wrap. Nicely done. Nice flavor and textures.
My friend had the roasted chicken. He said it was good, but I didn't get to try it.
Bottom line, it's good food, service, and atmosphere. I've heard that the martini happy hours are a good time. I believe they have some good happy hour comp food as well.
Check it out!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Tuna Tartare looks very good indeed!