Monday, June 20, 2022

Marzola Parrilla Casco Viejo

 Parzola Marrilla Argentina in Casco Viejo

Calle 8 Oeste 

Don't be fooled by the word entrails. They're not serving entrails, they're serving entrana, which we call skirt steak in the US. That being said, let's talk about the restaurant.

It is quirky and colorful. When you walk by they have a grill right by the front door that generally has a huge chunk of pork on it, sizzling, to attract people walking down the sidewalk. It's just off Herrera Square and it's a very lively area.

When you walk in you'll note that there is no wifi. They suggest that you talk to the people you came with via signage to that effect. There are tables, chairs, and mannequins on the ceiling and all other manner of weird things.

As far as the food goes, it's the best steak I've had since I got here. I miss Liberty Delight Farms in Maryland where I used to get my ribeye and other steaks. This place has imported USDA Prime and I believe some Argentinian meats. There are nine entrees and two sides to choose from. They have fries and grilled tomatoes. Both are excellent.

This is the Entrana Importada. I've had it a couple of times and have never been disappointed. The seasoning is awesome and the it's grilled to perfection. 
It's a feast for the stomach and the eyes in here. Pretty crazy.

The New York Strip. It's pretty good, but I prefer the skirt.
If you go, do not skip dessert. They have ice cream, but this is the bomb. It's a crepe filled with dulce de leche and striped with some chocolate and Kahlua if I'm not mistaken. 
Definitely worth the calories.
It's expensive, but you are eating the best steaks in town in the trendiest part of town, so you know what you're in for. Enjoy. 





No comments: