Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Lot of stuff going on in DC Metro these past few weeks...

Kellari, by Stavros Aktipis of NY, Masa 14, by Richard Sandoval, Kaz of the eponymous Sushi Bistro, and Latif Guler of Jacks, Birch and Barley by Michael Babin of NRG, American Flatbread, Kabab-Ji, BGR, and a few others either opened in the past few weeks or will open in the next week.
Busier than a one-legged man in an ass kickin' contest!
That's all good though. It gives me more experience dealing with the trials and tribulations of restaurant ownership so that one day, when I finally grow a pair, I too can open a restaurant and, if the gods are smiling upon me, be successful with it.
I went to Kellari for dinner with friends on Friday. We were treated warmly and the dinner was nice. We got the chef's selection, which was $45.00/per person. It included plates to share for the table. Very nice.
That same day, I was lucky enough to enjoy a lunch with one of my friends at Bourbon Steak. This restaurant in the Four Seasons in G-Town has it down.

A trio of duck-fat fries. Generally, duck-fat fries are limp and greasy, but here Mr. Mina has figured it out. Very crisp, nice presentation, and nice dipping options.
This was my flat-iron steak. Very tasty.



This was a tough call here. Was the burger better than the steak? It was close. The burger had some very nice flavors to it and was prepared perfectly. Cave-aged cheddar, tasty beef. Yum. Was it broiled in butter a la Mina? I'm not sure, and probably don't want to know in any event.
Anyhow, thanks for reading. Help the country eat its' way out of the recession! Dine often.
Until next time...

No comments: