Sunday, October 2, 2011

America this.

 An interesting concept by Thinkfood Group in conjunction with the National Archives. 
My friend and I shared a few small plates.  I'll share pictures of my favorites with you!
Here is a picture of the Exec Chef, Paul Yeck.  Nice guy. He's got great things coming his way.
This is one of my two favs.  Vermicelli as pudding, or, as we uncultured folks call it, Mac n' Cheese.  Loved the flavor, but the whole time I was thinking what a few shavings of white truffle could have done for this dish.  Marone!
These were deconstructed (kind of) Buffalo Wings.  Boneless.  Perfect for eating at lunch.  The creamy stuff on top was some sort of a blue cheese thingy.  Very tasty.
This was the Pièce de résistance.   This lobster roll was fantastic.  It actully tasted more like Lobster Thermidor than what I expect from a lobster roll, but I was fine with that.  Creamy, lobstery (did I just make up a word?) goodness.  I wouldn't change a thing there.

Hope you enjoyed reading about America Eats.  If you stop in, let them know you read about it on Pleasures of the Table. 

 FYI, if you haven't noticed, Mike and I are doing some work on the layout and formatting, so bear with us.  One of the things we did was to put some product info on the right hand side about some equipment I use for my "home cookin'" posts and two of the cameras that Mike and I use to take the photos on the blog.  For those of you into amateur food photography, the G11/12 is a great camera and is used for 99% of what you see on the blog.  The other 1% is Mike's big, fancy D700.  Check them out.  If you have any questions about any of the products I recommend feel free to message me. 
America Eats Tavern on Urbanspoon

No comments: