Sunday, June 5, 2011

Home Cookin'......and what did you hear, Clarise?

The lambs, Dr. Lecter. But not these lambs. This particular lamb came from Eco Friendly Farms, which is run by Bev Eggleston. These lambs were allowed to be lambs, and they are all the better for it.
My pal Mike and I took a trip to the famers market in Dupont Circle this morning. It was a great day for it. Lots of neat stuff down there. Amongst the neatness was this perfectly marbled rack of lamb, which I cut in to what my son calls, "Meat Popsicles."


I like to marinate my lamb in a mixture of about 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 clove of garlic, 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt, and a couple of sprigs of rosemary. I mash it all up with a pestle, put it all in a bag with the cut up rack, and let it sit for a few hours in the fridge.

I take the lamb out of the fridge about an hour before I want to cook it and let it come up to room temperature. This allows the fat to render more easily.


Crank the grill up as high as it goes, sear the lamb on both sides, then cook over indirect heat for another couple of minutes to your liking. Use the time when the meat is resting to set the table or get your sides put out.


Et Voila!
I served it with steamed artichokes and a plum tomato/scamorza/basil salad I had whipped up the previous day.


Thanks for reading.


Until next time....





1 comment:

Jen said...

nice job! I am drooling.