Sunday, May 24, 2009

Yes, I have been tardy with my postings...

But I've done some fun things since the Boyscout cookout.
I've done some more home cooking, and I've eaten at some decent restaurants as well, including BGR Burger Joint in Bethesda, Cubano's in Silver Spring, and minibar in DC. I'm posting some pix here on the first three, but minibar will get a seperate post within a few days. Kids sliders at Burger Joint
Vidalia rings and a couple o'burgers

So how was Burger Joint? Pretty tasty. When I walked in it was kind of chaotic and I ordered using what info I could glean from the chalk board. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to tell what was on what from that and should have picked up a menu. The bacon cheese burger that I had was good. The bacon was excellent. Had I known about the burger with the black truffles on it i would have tried that...looks like I'll have to go back.


This was just a little caprese I put together....I live for good tomatoes in the summer.



This is a shot of an fish a'la Adolfo. I don't think it's on the menu. I happened to be in Silver Spring at lunch time and found that Adolfo was at Cubano's. It's always great to sit with an old friend and break bread.


Adolfo on the patio. For those of you who will be attending the Cinqo de Mayo party, he will be the caterer, of course.

No comments: