Sunday, December 21, 2008

Grace's Mandarin at the National Harbor Redux

The last time I went to Grace's there were no walls, doors, furniture, floors, or anything really, other than aluminum framing and a hole in the ground. Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw when I went to have a little pre-opening tour with one of the owners, Nice Guy Eddie. He is Grace's son.Nice Guy Eddie and me.
So, we drove down to the harbor and sampled some of his hospitality, sake, and sushi. All three were excellent. The food has got to be good when you've put in all the blood, sweat, and tears these guys have to build this restaurant. I'm predicting a very successful venture here.
MC 30Ft. Buddha
This overlooks one of the large tables they have. There are several areas in the restaurant where you can have small, medium, or large tables with privacy.

This is a view from the third floor down to the second. There are a total of four seperate floors for dining/lounging, including a rooftop patio. All have great views across the harbor.




Oh, the food is good too! They weren't actually serving dinner, but since I showed up, they put together a little something for Cheryl, Alex and me. They were planning on a soft opening but didn't get all of the permits required in time to stock and prep everything until Saturday.

This place opens for business on Monday 12/22. Go down and give them a try. I think you'll like what you see. If you follow Waterfront Street until it hooks left you'll see Grace's on your left hand side.

Tell them The Doctor sent you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hear that they'll have happy hour specials...is that accurate? do you know what the specials are or will be?

David Smelson said...

Anan, I can't speak to that at this point. They were still finalizing the menus as of this weekend, so I suspect that those types of details will be announced down the line.
I can tell you that if you are a wino you will appreciate what Mike Zito has done for their list. He's got some great finds and buys based on the list and displays I saw. Thanks for the question.

Michael Palmer said...

I am down, we need to take the families for a meal-