Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mandalay...hot stuff!

Mandalay Restaurant 930 Bonifant St., Silver Spring MD 20910
11.2.11

 Mandalay is a restaurant that started in College Park, MD many years ago. 
Those of you who went to UMD may remember it.  They are known for S.E. Asian cuisine.  The unfortunate thing about my trip to Mandalay was that I was by myself, so I didn't have anyone to order something different and share!  They have a wide selection of vegetarian and vegan dishes as well as non.
 Jesus Saves.  Buddha apparently is environmentally conscious.  I like the fact that they use a CF bulb in their offering.
 I started out with a Iced Myanmar Coffee.  It was the pre-sweetened variety with condensed milk.  I'll take that for $2.95 over a Starbucks any day.
This is the Mandalay Tofu.  It's served at room temperature, but the spice is enough to light you up.  I really enjoyed the flavor.  It's lightly fried, then chilled, and tossed with a lemon-soy dressing and sesame seeds.  This is a vegan dish with tons of flavor and good texture.  By the time I finished I was sweating and my nose was running.  Just the way I like it.

I look forward to going back and trying some varied dishes.  If you stop in, report back and let me know how you liked it!  I look forward to your comments.
Mandalay Restaurant & Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments: