Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Bistro Le Zinc...La nourriture était bonne!


This is me with the owners of Bistro Le Zinc a week or so prior to opening.  David Ashwell, Chef, is on the left and John Warner, General Manager, is on the right.
The reason I'm posting this now, instead of in July when I had this meal, was that I had started posting to a Facebook Group instead of my blog do to the way Blogger was handling pictures.  Blogger has since improved greatly, so I moved back to that format.
Secondarily, The WaPo put out a bad review for these guys that I thought was way off base and I'd like to do what I can to assist in setting the record straight.  These guys know what they're doing.


I like it when you can mix form with function.  This is the salmon appetizer. 
Very nicely executed with lots of different flavors going on.
My wife got the French Onion Soup, or FOS if you're in the biz.  This was the best bowl of FOS I've ever tasted.  It wasn't a one-note affair.  It had depth and layers of flavors.
This was the Escargot.  Awesome with Stilton and roasted wild garlic.
This is a new trend you see in a lot of restaurants, and I like it.  Filtered bottled watered, made in-house, either flat or sparkling, at no additional charge, or in some restaurants at nominal charge.  I do not miss $14.00 bottles of sparkling water.
This was my son's dish.  He got the duck three ways.  The breast was wonderfully tender.  He ate everything.  At 9 years old, he's got quite the pallete.
This was my dish.  The Lamb Shank.  Falling-off-the-bone tender.  The lentils and potato were very tasty and well executed.
The Steak Frites.  Perfectly executed with a very nice sauce.  The fries were crispy and the roasted onions were creamy.  What more could you want?

David and John have worked very hard to bring this project to fruition and it shows.  I've been back several times and have found the place to be vibrant and generally packed.  Well done gentlemen.  I wish you continued success, critics be damned.

If you go, tell them you read about it on Pleasures of the Table!
Bistrot Le Zinc on Urbanspoon

No comments: