Thursday, December 7, 2017

Klaw - Big Things In Little Places

Klaw
Temple Bar Neighborhood
5A Crown Alley, Dublin 2
www.Klaw.ie
Klaw is an inconspicuous little place, and I do mean little, in Dublin's Temple Bar neighborhood. It's a bohemian area full of shops, pubs, and some excellent food. 
I'd read about Klaw during my research of Dublin and decided it was a must-try.
It's got 12 seats and two tables. 
 It is a very casual spot. The door is hard to open and you're literally sitting back to back with the other people lucky enough to get a seat at a table. The picture above shows the customer art-work area above the other six stools. There are some creative folks running around that town.
What I didn't expect was the care taken with the seafood. It was among the best I've seen in a place like this. Gorgeous, manicured, with attention to detail.
 Here's a shot of the menu. No screwin' around. Minimalist, purposeful, goodness.
 My intrepid dining companion Brett is shown with his Colorado Cap waiting for our meal. The kitchen is behind him and the bathroom is just beyond. You have to walk the line to get to it.
 It was a late lunch so I didn't order anything other than the lobster roll. It had more mayo and herbs that I'm accustomed to in the US, but it was very good.
Lest I forget, the chefs were very friendly and happy to chat. His English was much better than my French, which was his native language, but we talked food and got along just fine.
In closing - if you're in Dublin, I would not skip this place. It's a little pricier than your average lunch spot, but seafood and care of this order don't come cheaply.
If you stop in, tell them you read about it on Pleasures of the Table!

No comments: