Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Table & Main - Simple, Southern, Local and Good!

Table & Main
1028 Canton St.
Roswell, GA 30075
678-869-5178
I've been busy. Sorry for not posting for so long! I've had these pictures in a draft and have been meaning to get to them.
Enough about that, how about Roswell GA? It's quaint. The main drag has a bunch of interesting restaurants and shops. This trip I got to eat at Table & Main.  Chef Woolery Back is at the helm here and he's got some chops.
Hey, I've got some dining companions! My son and friend.
Pork belly with cauliflower puree and pomegranate honey. it was very pretty. More akin to bacon than what I would consider pork belly. Same piece of the pig, just a different preparation. It wasn't melty and unctuous like I was expecting. More firm, but no less tasty.
The cream of crab soup was excellent. It was a bit too spicy for my wife, but that just meant more for me. Nice touch with the chili oil and sherry. 
The fried chicken was up there with the best of the best anywhere. I've never had Keller's, but it couldn't be that much better.
My entree was caught-yesterday swordfish with fresh local veg. Very nice.
This would have been my second choice: The Shrimp and Grits. The tomato-bacon sauce had just the right amount of heat.
Cheryl's dish was my favorite of the evening: Local trout with Creole-mustard spaetzle and lemon trout roe vinaigrette. 
Nothing like homemade dark chocolate pudding.
The carrot cake with pureed carrot. Nice cream cheese frosting.
Winning dessert of the evening: a hand-made honey-bun with orange royal icing and cardamom ice cream. Just like the ones you used to buy in the plastic wrapper in the gas station when you were a kid but 1000 times better. Nice.

There are so many restaurants in this little strip of bliss in northern Georgia. If you find yourself anywhere near there make a detour. You won't be disappointed.
Hope you enjoyed!

No comments: