Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Vidalia...Pietastic!

This is one of the little touches I like at Vidalia.  Fresh cornbread and onion focaccia.  It reminds me why I come here every year for restaurant week.
Vidalia can be an expensive place to indulge.  The service is on the money, and so is the food, so you won't feel so bad afterwards.
This is the smoked salmon appetizer that Matt and I shared.  Nice presentation.
This is the country pate.  He makes a good one.
No dinner at Vidalia would be complete without a side of Mac n' Cheese.  This version has panko and some pork products.  No Mac n' Cheese is complete without it in my book.

This was one of the best duck breasts I've ever had as far as the seasoning and tenderness of the meat goes.  I would have preferred the skin to be a little crispier and the fat to have been rendered a bit more, but that may be a trade-off. 
Matt's pork chop was well done (not overly cooked, but wisely prepared).  The seasoning was on target.
For dessert Matt had the Maple Brulee.  It was very maple-y, to coin a phrase, but it wasn't cloying.  The texture was exactly what it should be.
Speaking of Pietastic!  I love Jeff's Lemon Chess Pie, however, I think I've come up with one that is, dare I say, on par with his?  It's not a pie, but a lemon square.  I got the recipe from my mother-in-law.  When Jeff's ready to call me to the table, I'll bring him some and see what he thinks.

Thanks for reading folks.  Your comments and questions are always welcome.

No comments: