Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Seinfeld Moment: Taste of Bethesda

Howdy all. I was able to pull a Seinfeld moment on Saturday.
Do you remember when George was able to eat a pastrami on rye, watch TV, and have sex all at the same time? Or when Kramer found that he could shower and cook at the same time? I was able to hang out with my restaurant folks, eat their food, spend time with my family, and see a car show all at the same event.
It was a good day.
If any of the event organizers are reading this, pay heed: Expand the number of streets that are closed and put more space between the food vendors. This was crowded beyond the point of comfort.

Yeah, there were a few people out on Saturday.


I'm not an expert, but I'd say this is a 1986 Buick Grand National. It was the fastest production car in the 1/4 mile available for sale in the U.S. that year.
This is a very hot rod..
Pretty ladies all in a row.


What could be wrong with 500 HP and a car that weighs less than 2,000lbs?
Aluminum bodies are pretty, but parking lot dings can be expensive!


Hope you enjoyed the pictures. If you get a chance to attend Taste of Bethesda, or put up a booth, I'd suggest doing it. Lots of people, lots of exposure if you're a restuarant owner.
Until next time....


1 comment:

Michael Palmer said...

to bad I missed the good eats - nice cars BTW