Once again, I watch it so you don’t have to. Updates for 4/27/2020
- Number of deaths, intubations, hospitalizations are either down or on the decline.
- Number of cases is up. More testing, more cases.
- Continuing to ramp up testing will allow us to move toward reopening.
- Doing it slowly and thoughtfully is the process.
- Going to keep Javitz and Westchester Country Center as hospitals for now. We can’t have events anyhow, and we don’t want to have to have them rebuilt if we need them in the fall.
- NY is buying the products from farmers that they were going to throw out and distribute it to food banks.
- Regarding this being a blue-state bail-out that he’s asking for, he says if you want an accounting, go ahead and tally it up. Not only will you lose, but it will be 100% opposite of what you’re saying it is. You’re going to lose, and it’s not even going to be close. Go ahead.
- Held in the rose garden – looks cold.
- Thanks American citizens for social distancing.
- Restates number of beds, ventilators, every Governor has more ventilators now than they know what to do with.
- Blames the Governors for not knowing about testing capacity in their states. (This is untrue. The Federal labs were not letting the states use their labs and there were not enough of the reagents and swabs available for the states to do it themselves.)
- Introduces a bunch of executive from drug and grocery stores.
- I was very fortunate that I got it right about closing the borders.
- Regarding his tweet that blue states are inflating their mortality numbers, he totally skirts the question.
- Trump says the deficit was way down because he put massive tariffs on china. (This is not true. The deficit in August ’19 was 63 billion more than it was in May of ’19.
- Regarding instruction AG Barr to investigate Civil Rights violations due to C19 rules. He said you’d have to ask AG Barr that question.
- Closing businesses also costs lives. There’s been a study. It causes tremendous amounts of problems including deaths.
- When asked why we’re just reaching the number of tests today that we were told we’d have 6 weeks ago says it represents a misunderstanding on the media and public’s parts of the difference between having a test and being able to administer a test.
- He defends General Flynn and says what happened to him should never happen again in the United States, and what happened to the President of the US should never happen here.
- I built the greatest economy in the history of the world. I built it. It wasn’t our fault, what happened.
- Intimates that it possibly wasn’t incompetence on the part of the Chinese. Says it might have been something else.
- If I wasn’t President you would be at war with North Korea. I hope he’s fine. I know how he’s doing but I can’t talk about it.
- Says he’s not considering changing the date of the election.
- Disregards a question about Kim Jong-Un, doesn’t let the reporter finish asking it.
That’s about all I could take. Thanks for reading.
Once again, thank you for reading. Do not take anything written here as gospel and certainly don’t make any financial decisions based from the information provided. Stay as tuned-in as you can. Support your local businesses as much as you can. Lastly, #staythefuckhome – but if you don’t #nottooprettytomaskup