Once again, I watch it so you don’t have to. Updates for 4/24/2020
This is Trump’s exact quote from yesterday’s press conference. Don’t think for a second he was being sarcastic. Watch the video here: Trump Video
“And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out, in a minute. Is there a way we can do something like that? By injection, inside, or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. You’re going to have to use medical doctors, right? But it sounds interesting to me.”
- Hospitalizations down. Intubations are down. 1,300 new cases. 422 deaths.
- The virus was in NY with 13,000 flights in after the virus started spreading in China and Europe. When you say it started in China, assume that the virus was on a plane to NY the next day.
- Who’s job is it to warn us against global pandemics. The President says it’s the WHO. It can happen again. In the meantime, let’s keep moving forward.
- NY State was not in trouble financially before this happened.
- There is no law to allow states to declare bankruptcy. Senator McConnell, pass the law, I dare you. If you have the courage of conviction, if you’re a man of your word, pass that bill.
- It is your duty as a citizen to vote. He issued an executive order to allow mail-in voting and is sending applications to every citizen.
- We will reopen and rebuild – not what was, but better and smarter.
- Declines to answer what he things of Trump’s recommendations about disinfecting people with bleach or other disinfectants.
- NY has bailed out KY every year. Mitch McConnell is a taker, not a giver. NY is the #1 contributor to the federal pot. Kentucky is #3 in taking from the federal pot. (I apologize for my #2 quote yesterday. That was from 2018.)
- Pass a bill allowing states to declare bankruptcy and let’s watch the economy and the stock market take off.
- A reporter thanks Cuomo for taking questions. She says a colleague in Arizona has told her that they’re not getting any information from the state government.
- We’ve been successful in flattening the curve in comparison to other states.
- In accordance with the guidelines issued MD is not yet able to lift restrictions.
- We’re dramatically increasing testing.
- Other than keeping Marylanders safe, there is nothing more important than getting people back to work and getting our small businesses open. He says they’re going to do everything they possibly can in a safe way.
- Goes into various advisory panels/groups he’s assembled to help reopening.
- Life is not immediately going back to normal. Until a vaccine is developed the way we work is going to be significantly different.
- All should continue to practice physical distancing.
- MD Strong Roadmap to Recovery is available here: MD Recovery
- He signed the PPP.
- No Fauci, no Birx at the conference.
- Goes over the list of countries we’re shipping ventilators to.
- We had the greatest economy the world has ever seen.
- FDA approved an at-home C19 test kit.
- FDA has been working around the clock.
- We are very much paying attention to safety and validity for these tests.
- 220 labs have begun testing patients around the country. (Is that all?)
- Working around the clock to develop therapeutics.
- Manufacturers must self-validate their tests. There is a difference between authorized and approved. (I’ll have to look that up. You should too on the FDA website).
- We assured the Governors that this is one team and one mission.
- Testing is in the forefront in our minds.
- 1 million Americans have been tested.
- We are implemented a testing strategy that is supported at the fed level and managed at the state level.
Trump did not take any questions. Not shocking. Yesterday was an embarrassment and will not soon be forgotten.
That’s about all I could take. Thanks for reading.
Once again, thank you for reading. Do not take anything written here as gospel and certainly don’t make any financial decisions based from the information provided. Stay as tuned-in as you can. Support your local businesses as much as you can. Lastly, #staythefuckhome – but if you don’t #nottooprettytomaskup