Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Taylor Gourmet on K St. N.W....good eats..

Always nice to see some young start-up guys doing something good and being patronized for it.
I stopped by Taylor gourmet with my wife and son on Sunday. They were busy...line out the door busy.
So was Busboys and Poets, which is right next door.
I ran into Andy Shallal, the owner of that place while I was walking by, and he mentioned that he's expanding. Keep your eyes open.
Back to Taylor Gourmet: This was the called the landfill I think. Pretty tasty.
This was mine. I forget what it was called, but it was good. The bread they use is substantial. It kind of reminds me of what you'd get at Breadline back in the day.

This is a high-light: A Boylen's Soda machine. I've never seen one before. Good stuff.


Decor is minimal. The place seems to be just a little too small. Mostly though, just as people got their sandwiches and were ready to sit down someone was always getting up.
This is where you place your order. It's old-school, but new kid hip. Stop by if you get a chance. It's worth the trip.

No comments: