Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Middle aged, and blogging for the first time...be gentle with me

Welcome to the The Pleasures of the Table Blog. This is my first attempt to embrace and be embraced by the blogosphere.

The name Pleasures of the Table came from a company that was supposed to open a restaurant, (a prospective client of mine) but never did. Thank you for the name John.

Food is something we all need to survive, yet there is so much more to it than just surviving. There are many people whose purpose in life is to provide the rest of the world with food. Some do it passionately, some not so much.

I'd like to focus on those who do have passion when they plant, tend, feed, nurture, grow, slaughter, package, prep, cook, serve, and love food as well as the people who support those people and those industries. We've got a wonderful mix of restaurants in the Washington DC-Metro area and I'll be focusing mainly on them, as well as my own cooking, but will also attempt to blog about what I see and who I meet whilst working and travelling.



"The pleasures of the table belong to all ages, to all conditions, to all countries and to every day; they can be associated with all the other pleasures and remain the last to console us for the loss of the rest." Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin (1755-1826)

No comments: